Sunday, April 10, 2011

Relate.

Salam,

So I aimed to finish reading Eat Pray Love (I'm so last year, I geddit!) this weekend. Guess how long have I been reading it? Ermmmm I think since December. Lembab macam siput. 

What happened to your 'a book a month', Dila? Truth is, I've been lazy. *Guilty!*

I know what you are going to ask me next. 'Have you watched the movie?'

My answer is, No. When it comes to adaption movies, I prefer to finish reading the novel before watching the movie.  You know when you read books, you kinda create your own visualization of the characters, settings etc. That's why I prefer to watch movie later, because I want to compare my visualization with the movie. Get what I mean?

That's not the purpose of this entry, actually.

When you read any books, do you find yourself nodding to some situations portrayed in the book, that you want to tab that particular page or even highlight those particular sentences, and wish to come back to it to analyze it further? You feel like you can really relate to what is being told by the author, either because you have had similar experience, or simply because you think he/she is right about that thing.

It happens to me all the time. So far, the books that have the most tabs are 'Tuesdays with Morrie' by Mitch Albom and 'Showing Up For Life' by Bill Gate Sr.

I just tabbed this one page from Eat Pray Love'

".....because I seriously believed David was my soul mate"

"He probably was. Your problem is that you don't understand what that word means. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they can tear your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave."

This is one of the many definitions of soul mate, I guess.

According to this definition, I think I've met mine.

Have you?

0 comments :