Thursday, February 24, 2011

Me being a noob - Episode 2


I am not normally a quitter. (Note: This is not cubaan untuk memuji diri sendiri ye)

When I do things, I finish them. 

But if there is anything in this world that makes me give up almost instantaneously, guess what would that be?
-
-
-
-
-
-

SIDE PARKING!


Muahahaha! I know what you are going to say. I don't blame you though.

I just can't get it right man. Not that I never tried. I just don't understand the physics behind it (At least I think it involves SOME physics. Tetibe rasa macam bimbo gila) In my whole parking experience, I think I have only succeeded once or twice, out of maybe five trials. I avoid side parking as much as I can. There was one time, when I first drove to the office, I had to side-park on the hill. Sumpah nak nanges. I even tried to ask some random guy to help me park, but he ignored me. I was late, clock was ticking as I had a early morning meeting that day. I spent a good 15 minutes to perfectly parked my car. Same thing happened yesterday. It was the only parking space available so I just had to try my luck. People said practice makes perfect. Since I never bother to practice, so my side parking is never perfect. Macam-macam jenis pusingan I dah try, tak masuk kotak jugak. Again, I was looking for someone to help me. Tired of the whole thing, I gave up, double-parked somewhere and put my telephone number on the dashboard in case the car next to me want to chow. The whole time I was nervous in case the guy/lady didn't see my number and marah gila, he/she decided to just bang my car. None of that happened by the way.

Ladies and gentlemen, never try this at home! No, I don't mean side parking (though I secretly wish side parking space is abolished di seantero dunia supaya menyenangkan hidup aku), I mean asking other people to help you to park. It was stupid, and I really had to do it out of desperation. The naive me thought that everyone is nice and sweet, and we shouldn't doubt anyone. Truth is, there are bad people out there, and they might run away with your car if you are unlucky and bad at judging at the first sight.

Let me share with you some other road survival tips. Well coming from the most inexperienced driver you know might not be so helpful, right? But hey everyone has got to start somewhere. Nanti lama-lama I jadi la experienced driver :p

1. Make sure your fuel tank is always full, or berada di tahap selamat. Don't be a cheapies, isi minyak RM10 je. Eventhough you use the same route everyday and know how long RM10 tank would last, but you have to foresee the unforeseen. Who knows tetibe ada accident, jalan jam gila, tup tup you tak cukup minyak. Tak pasal-pasal you jadi penyebab jam sebab kereta mati tengah jalan. Most importantly, you never know if you are gonna be lost (contoh terdekat ada di sini). Buatnya sesat larat pastu takde gas station, ha! Moral of the story, jangan kedekut! Sekali isi, isi terus penuh.

Points 2, 3 and 4 are related.

2. Make sure handphone ade credit if you are a prepaid user, and sila bayar bil so your line won't get barred if you are a postpaid user. 

3. If you cannot afford a GPS, like me, make sure you have friends who can act as a GPS for you. Preferably, friends for all over the places - Shah Alam, Damansara, Kajang, Ampang, Putrajaya, KL city etc so that all areas are covered. Bila you taktahu jalan, your GPS is just a phone call away. That is why you need to have number 2. Takyah spend 400 over ringgit to get the real GPS. Also, kalau tayar you pancit around those areas, you already know who to call for help :P

4. If you are expressways user, it is important to have the expressways helpline number. Like myself, I take MEX to the office. And lately I have seen a lot of cars at the side of the road sebab accident lah, kereta rosak lah, tayar pancit lah. And siapa yang tolong mereka? Mestilah bukan I because I know nuts about cars. It's those HELPLINE guys. Dari hari ke sehari (skema nye oh my) nak save number MEX Helpline tu dalam handphone, tapi tak buat-buat. OK I'm gonna save it now *Google-ing MEX*. OK dah save. Again, this is why you need number 2. Takde credit, lambai-lambai je la tepi jalan tu dik non, dengan harapan ade yang sudi membantu. Takpe, InsyaALLAH rakyat Malaysia semua baik hati, kan?

For now, I can only think of four tips. Actually banyak je lagi tapi dah malas. Haha

All in all, we are all undergoing some sort of learning process, so bear with me when I ramble about my driving and whatnot. Nanti bila I dah pandai and berani, sure I tak heran nak post pasal driving lagi :)

Till then, pandu dengan cermat! Kasihanilah noob drivers seperti saya :P

0 comments :