Friday, February 17, 2012

I have been scammed!

Literature review is a scam.

It is one thing in life that has no ending.

In the morning, you sit down comfortably at your desk, sipping coffee (not in my case), and fix your eyes on a piece of paper (or many, to be exact) that you just printed from Google Scholar. You highlight some texts, you nod, you jot down notes, you nod again, you frown a little, you scratch your head, highlight more texts, and if you are lucky you have some Eureka! moment, one page done, two page done, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve and then you come to the references list (phewwhh), you highlight one reference, two reference, then three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, and then you realized 'Dang it did I just highlight ten references????' 

How is it not a scam, you tell me!!!




p/s: Pardon me, I am having rough weeks since last week I'd lose my sanity if this goes on until next week. Let's hope I don't lose wires up here.


Picture from Google.

0 comments :