Friday, February 1, 2013

Portuguese Custard Tart

The other day I saw my friend Hana put up a picture of the tarts on her blog and instantly I said 'I have to make them!' So dayssssss after I saw the picture, I finally made them on Tuesday.

I followed (with some modification of course) this recipe I found online.

3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
400 ml full cream milk (alternatively you can use 230 ml cream and 170 ml full cream milk)
2 tsp vanilla extract (I used less)
Puff pastry sheet

Method:
1. Pre heat oven to 200C (UK Gas Mark 6)
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar, then add cornflour. Whisk again.
3. Add milk/cream, mix until no clumps
4. Place mixture over medium heat, stir until mixture thickens and comes to boil
5. Remove from heat, add vanilla extract
6. Cover with cling film (to avoid formation of 'skin'), set aside to cool
7. Roll puff pastry sheet, cut into circles, and place into muffin tray
8. Add custard mixture (3/4 full)
9. Bake for 20-25 mins (top turns brown)






They are supposed to look like that okay! I did not burn them :P

0 comments :