Thursday, October 11, 2012

Two is better than one.


Officially entered my second year on Oct 1.
Came back to work with a bad news-my mice recognized proteins instead of glycolipid.
Now brainstorming like crazy to set up another round of immunisation, hoping to get anti-glycolipid response.
In the meantime, I have been doing immunohistochemistry (staining of cancer tissue to see expression of antigen of interest). I once dreamt of being a pathologist. Thank God I didn't do anything to realize that dream; the work is tedious and boring, even though those tissues look kinda pretty under the microscope (I know I shouldn't be saying that because they are cancerous tissues, but still)
Hoping to get decent results before I can break it to my supervisor that I want another 1-month holiday in April. 

First time I did IHC I took almost 7 hours. 
Turned out we used the wrong kit.
 But the slides still stain beautifully :P 

kthxbai!

0 comments :