Thursday, October 6, 2011

Answering the call.

Salam,

Being a minority makes you appreciate things more and teaches you to be grateful.

I'm very happy to know that there is a prayer room in the hospital I'm working at. It's spacious, clean, well-maintened and the best thing is it comes with a proper ablution area. In fact, in all 3 campuses of University of Nottingham, there is at least one Muslim prayer room. I'm yet to find out if they have prayer rooms in the shopping malls, but I kinda doubt that. If they do, MasyaALLAH that's the best thing ever!


Last time, when I was in the States, I used to pray in fitting rooms! That is one of the many experiences I won't forget. We would take a random baju and just go into the fitting room. Of course, we were smart enough to find a departmental store that is less famous, meaning not many people shop there, so people won't question why we used it for a long time. We did have our favorites, you know :P

Another experience that I won't forget is that one time where I had to pray on the stairs! I was on a trip to New York City, I was in Macy's if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure what happened, either we couldn't locate a fitting room, or it was too crowded in there, but yeah we settled for stairs instead. We took turns, as we needed to 'guard' those who were praying. 

Solat duduk dalam kereta, solat berdiri atas jalan tar kat tepi pintu kereta, solat kat depan Hard Rock Cafe in Georgia bersejadahkan kertas, solat dekat tepi bush dekat Disneyland/Universal Studio-I've experienced all that.

And because performing ablution was very hard i.e sink is too high and people would stare if we put our feet in the sink etc, we normally would jaga our wudhu' for as long as we could. Siapa dapat tahan ken*** paling lama tu, memang champion lah :P

Moral of the story is, be grateful that we live in an Islamic country where we can practice your religion without any difficulties. Also, just because we are majority, does not mean the world revolves around us. Respect the minorities as well.

And most importantly, do not miss solat :) Note to self as well.

2 comments :

A Mutalib said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

A nice reminder to be grateful for what life and its surroundings offer us, even from the littlest thing. Somehow we always forget what we have.

p.s: Nice blog :)

Adilah Rosli said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

exactly!

thanks aini for dropping by :))